Thursday 14 November 2019



PHOTO: President Barrow

It Is Hypocritical For Me to Be Describe as a Lame President- Barrow tells the Sheriff’s

By Ousman A. Marong
The president of the Republic of The Gambia, Adama Barrow has referred to some Gambians as hypocritical in describing him as a lame president.

"I am not a lame president. I became the president of this country through the prayers from the sheriff’s. Before I became president there was a funeral in my home village in Mamkamang-Kunda and there was this Sheriff in attendance; who happened to offer us prayers and identifies a certain amount of charities to us to be taking out. We gave out the identified charities and within 6 years’ time I become the president of the country,” he explained.

He made the disclosure on Friday 8th November, 2019 during his meeting with a cross-section of Sheriff’s from Ecowas.

“It is hypocritical for Gambians to describe me as a lame president. I am not a lame president. People went to an extent labeling me as a president. some even said I am afraid to talk to my own people. If I were afraid how able am I talking to the masses in canvassing them to vote for during my campaign,” he quizzed.

He retorted that there cannot be two presidents in the country, adding that there is only one legitimate president in the county and that is him.

“I know the oppositions are after my seat, but whosoever is interested in succeeding me should wait tell 2021 presidential election. The country at this crucial time needs more prayers as we face growing political rifts,” he remarked.

In his part, Buneneh Sadi Hydara in his opening remarks said their visit to the country is part of efforts to offer “National Prayers” to the country and the needy. He urged President Barrow to be more proactive in leadership.

“You are the president today and tomorrow. Ignored all opposition talks and concentrate on your good works,” he advised.
 
He revealed that there are bad elements within the borders with all ears waiting for trouble to occur where they will sneak in to do whatsoever bad they wanted.

“I demand from you to appoint me as your defense minister. Mr. President if you happen to appoint me as your Defense Minister I will make sure I safeguard the peace and stability of the country. If I am appointed as defense minister I will correct many wrongdoings, in which I will punish, jail, and imprison many bad people,” he said.
  
Sheikh Ibn Saida Hydara, on the other hand, requests a diplomatic passport from President Barrow, which he said will help ease their traveling as Sheriff's.

Musa Drammeh, Minister of Local Government and Lands, described the visit as timely.

He thanked the Sheriff’s in their efforts in ensuring here is peace and stability in the country.

He further described President Barrow as a man of peace.

“President Barrow is a man with luck simply because normally it is the people who will go after the Sheriff's, but here we are witnessing the Sheriff’s meeting the president by themselves and praying for him," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment