Monday 9 April 2018

MY YALI EXPERIENCE

My name is Alieu Jallow, a seasoned teacher, an activist, advocate senior reporter at the Trumpet newspaper and a YOUNG AFRICAN LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE FELLOW, NIGERIA COHORT 4. YALI is the greatest opportunity that has yet come my way.  I am considered lucky to be among the 129 participants to have been selected after a rigorous process of selection criterion in which 9000 applicants were received by the Regional Leadership center {RLC} within the sub region. YALI gave me the break to meet young vibrant, innovative, enthusiastic, and diligent young people from 9 poles apart countries who are doing extremely well in their various realms. The prospect of networking and collaboration with these young people was made straightforward for me by YALI. Sharing ideas, learning, and adopting the best practices served as the core objective.
Our continent Africa, call for innovative leaders. Leaders that will respect rule of law, human right, and are ethical. Leaders, who will bail Africa out its financial crises, innovate and create job opportunities for its population {youths}. Leaders who will perceive youth as key stakeholders not as a threat. Leaders who will be accountable and corrupt gratis. Leaders who will restore the pride of Africa, notice the uniqueness in everyone, motivating and formulate good policies that will promote and ensure steady economic growth.

WHAT MOTIVATED ME TO APPLY FOR YALI?


My desire to acquire new leadership skills that better equip me gain a greater understanding of the complexities and multiple-actor collaboration in exploring local efforts to create, maintain, and strengthen citizen-led and community-driven development. I realized the YALI program is the perfect opportunity for me to further build my capacity as an aspiring future leader and my selection to this program will equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to help in grooming me as a leader and be able to effectively give back to the community. As an advocate,activist teacher, journalist and building my capacity is a prerequisite to my work so as to be able to give back to my community, students and colleagues alike, the necessary tools as change makers. I strongly believed in my potentials and if giving the opportunity to further grow and build on my competences as a young leader, I shall reach my full potentials and build on others through change and explore local efforts to bring about development to my community and Africa at a broader scope.

MY EXPECTATIONS


My expectations are to gain knowledge on new leadership skills, ethics that better equip me to be a better leader who will have a greater comprehension of the complexities and multiple-actor collaboration in exploring local efforts to create, maintain, and strengthen citizen-led and community-driven development initiatives,.
To be among the purposeful leaders who will demonstrate and develop a special relationship with followers who attribute extraordinary or heroic leadership abilities to its followers. I wanted develop my Expertise at communicating an inspiring vision and as well to be equipped with the skills and levels of modesty of leadership that will further develop on my character as its the root of integrity...  Integrity provides the foundation for leadership.

 

What plans do i have ahead of coming back from Nigeria?

YALI has turned me into an ground-breaking young leader with vast knowledge in civic leadership, ethical values, moral standards hungry to impacting change in my community, nation and Africa at large, I intend to make available free remedial classes to 150 excelling students whose parents can’t meet the expense of hiring a private educator, thus helping to bridge the gap sandwiched between the affluent and underprivileged through education as it the most powerful weapon that can be used to change world.
I in partnership with my organization Your Change For a Change (YCFaC) have it in mind to empower 400 people be self independent in fighting against preventable diseases but yet deathly.
Finally, I in alliance with my media {the Trumpet} look forward to empower 5000 people on burning issues that affect their lives ranging from human right infringement, civic rights and mass participation in policy and decision making. 

MY MESSAGE TO THE YOUNG PEOPLE

My message to the young people is to consent that they are unique in all ways as a result they should shift out of their comfort zone and bring to an end blames, the time for excuses is over, it’s time for action. Let them recognize that we hold to the key our nation’s development and Africa at large.
I can be reached on +2203802391 on whats app and Facebook at Alex Barba J





No comments:

Post a Comment